Campaign Viral Chart: John Lewis Christmas ad is top of the tree
Releasing its Christmas ad on YouTube and Facebook early has paid dividends for John Lewis, which finds itself at the top of the chart with more than 183,000 shares this week.
John Lewis: ' the long wait' takes top spot
Since hitting the web, "the long wait" has been mentioned in 192,000 Facebook updates, 10,000 tweets and 190 blog posts. Most of these have been in English, but Portuguese, Spanish and Danish people also picked up on it.
Last week's number one, GTA V has slumped to fifth position, picking up 31,330 shares.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere during the past seven days. Ads launched more than 30 days ago are not included.
1. John Lewis 'the long wait' by Adam & Eve
183,060 shares this week
All time: 202,637 shares
2. john st 'catvertising' by john st
158,550 shares this week
All time: 178,145 shares
3. Activision 'the vet and the n00b' by 72andSunny
148,751 shares this week
All time: 893,792 shares
4. DXB Connect 'flash mob' by Global Event Management
63,164 shares this week
All time: 167,068 shares
5. Rockstar 'GTA V trailer' by Rockstar
32,589 shares this week
All time: 403,049 shares
6. Dermablen 'go beyond the cover' by Tuxedo
27,168 shares this week
All time: 474,956 shares
7. Microsoft 'productivity future vision' by Microsoft in-house
18,684 shares this week
All time: 252,114 shares
8. Electronic Arts 'need for speed: the run' by Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal & Partners
16,681 shares this week
All time: 44,036 shares
9. Verizon 'payload' by McGarryBowen
15,203 shares this week
All time: 18,081 shares
10. TomTom 'Bert and Ernie' by Pool Worldwide
13,902 shares this week
All time: 14,538 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...