ZenithOptimedia lands £50m RBS retail media account
ZenithOptimedia has won the £50 million media planning and buying account for RBS' retail banking division unseating the incumbent MediaCom.
NatWest's media has moved to ZenithOptimedia
Despite losing the NatWest and RBS retail bank business, MediaCom will still work on group communications, including sponsorship and corporate banking for the RBS Group. It also retains media duties for insurance brands Churchill, Privilege and Direct Line.
The banking giant launched a media review in June and invited the incumbent, ZenithOptimedia, Manning Gottlieb OMD and Vizeum to pitch for the account.
The loss of the account will be a blow to MediaCom, which was awarded the consolidated RBS media account in 2000 after a six-month pitch process, and, in 2006, extended its relationship by adding responsibilities for online planning and buying.
The creative account for RBS is split between M&C Saatchi, which handles the retail business, and CHI & Partners, which is tasked with its in-branch creative work. M&C Saatchi also looks after the RBS Corporate business. The creative account is unaffected by the review.
MediaCom recently lost its chief operating officer Steve Bignell who is departing to take up the position of sales director at ITV. Bignell is understood to have been involved in the early stages of MediaCom's pitch process.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Communications Co-ordinator Stopgap £26000 - £29000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...