Unilever chief Paul Polman plans 'beyond CSR'
Unilever chief executive Paul Polman has claimed the company is incorporating its 'Sustainable Living Plan' into the 'core' of its business.
Polman said in an interview for the Forum for the Future charity that the plan is not ‘a CSR-type appendix’, but is at the heart of Unilever’s plan to double its turnover.
He said: ‘We have integrated [the plan] into our R&D programmes and into our brands. All of our brands have a product and economic [mission], but also a social mission.’
Unilever marked the first anniversary of its Sustainable Living Plan on 22 November. One of its targets is to halve the environmental impact of Unilever’s products.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...