Unilever chief Paul Polman plans 'beyond CSR'
Unilever chief executive Paul Polman has claimed the company is incorporating its 'Sustainable Living Plan' into the 'core' of its business.
Polman said in an interview for the Forum for the Future charity that the plan is not ‘a CSR-type appendix’, but is at the heart of Unilever’s plan to double its turnover.
He said: ‘We have integrated [the plan] into our R&D programmes and into our brands. All of our brands have a product and economic [mission], but also a social mission.’
Unilever marked the first anniversary of its Sustainable Living Plan on 22 November. One of its targets is to halve the environmental impact of Unilever’s products.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £65,000, Central London
- Research Manager - Sky Community Panel Sky Benefits, West London
- European Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London