Macy's gets Bieber fever for Black Friday campaign
Justin Bieber has been snapped up by American department store Macy's for a new ad promoting the "Black Friday" flash sale.
The ad, created by JWT New York, is called "screamers" and shows Bieber on his journey to the Macy's sale. Each person he encounters, from his driver to the shop's staff, scream at him in the manner of his teenage fans.
The ad is being showcased in a YouTube homepage takeover today (22 November) before breaking on TV in the US tonight.
The campaign promotes Macy's day-long sale on 25 November. The so-called "Black Friday" sales occur after Thanksgiving on the last Friday of November, marking the kick-off to the Christmas shopping period.
Bieber has a perfume range sold exclusively in Macy's, called Someday, which the department store is selling on promotion. For every Someday gift set bought, Macy's will donate $2 to the Make A Wish foundation.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...