O2 hires Heineken marketer Given for top sponsorship job
Mark Given is leaving his role as brand director for Heineken UK to take up the position of head of sponsorship at O2.
Mark Given: joining O2 as head of sponsorship
Given, who headed up the marketing for brands such as John Smith's and Foster's, will join the mobile brand in January. He replaces former sponsorship head Simon Freedman, who left for GlaxoSmithKline in March after less than a year in the role.
While at Heineken, Given was responsible for introducing the comedy-led marketing strategy for Foster's, including its ‘Good Call’ ad campaign and the revival of popular TV comedies, ‘The Return of Alan Partridge’ and ‘The Fast Show’.
He will now head O2's range of entertainment and sport sponsorship deals, including O2-branded music venues and its backing of the England rugby union team.
Prior to joining the brewer, Given held a number of roles across Procter & Gamble, including brand director for its UK feminine care division, which covers its Always, Tampax and Alldays brands.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Sales & Account Exec - #Mobile #Advertising #London Digital Gurus £18000 - £22000 per annum + OTE upto £26,000 (Package), London
- VP Business Development - Mobile Innovation / Products Digital Gurus £85000 - £125000 per annum + benefits, London
- Technical Sales Manager #RTB #Mobile #London Digital Gurus £40000 - £50000 per annum + + OTE 50%, City of London
- Digital Designer - London - £25,000 - £30,000 Red Sofa London £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London