O2 hires Heineken marketer Given for top sponsorship job
Mark Given is leaving his role as brand director for Heineken UK to take up the position of head of sponsorship at O2.
Mark Given: joining O2 as head of sponsorship
Given, who headed up the marketing for brands such as John Smith's and Foster's, will join the mobile brand in January. He replaces former sponsorship head Simon Freedman, who left for GlaxoSmithKline in March after less than a year in the role.
While at Heineken, Given was responsible for introducing the comedy-led marketing strategy for Foster's, including its ‘Good Call’ ad campaign and the revival of popular TV comedies, ‘The Return of Alan Partridge’ and ‘The Fast Show’.
He will now head O2's range of entertainment and sport sponsorship deals, including O2-branded music venues and its backing of the England rugby union team.
Prior to joining the brewer, Given held a number of roles across Procter & Gamble, including brand director for its UK feminine care division, which covers its Always, Tampax and Alldays brands.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...