Ryanair and easyJet take reserved seating to low-cost battleground
Ryanair and easyJet are going head-to-head on the new battleground of paid-for allocated seating, as they seek to ramp up passenger numbers.
Ryanair: extends its allocated seating service
Ryanair is to extend its allocated seating service across all of its routes from January 2012.
Passengers will be able to reserve a seat in the first two rows of the aircraft for €10 per flight. The move follows a successful trial of the service earlier this year.
Ryanair's announcement comes a week after rival budget airline easyJet said it was trialling allocated seating throughout its cabins, where passengers will be able to reserve specific seats.
EasyJet said that its prices for allocated seating would "stay true to easyJet's commitments to low fares".
Both airlines operate a priority boarding service, which means for an extra charge, passengers can get first choice on seats.
Last week, Marketing reported that Ryanair chief executive Michael O'Leary and easyJet chief executive Carolyn McCall joined forces to lobby the Government on Air Passenger Duty (APD).
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...