Tony Quinn quits JWT for Publicis strategy role
Publicis London has hired JWT's head of planning, Tony Quinn, as its chief strategy officer.
Quinn and Buchanan are teaming up
Quinn is expected to join the agency early next year, and will oversee the planning function across both Publicis London and Publicis Modem. He will report to Karen Buchanan, the chief executive of Publicis London.
He is the second of JWT’s senior management team to leave the agency, following the chief executive Guy Hayward’s decision in September to join BETC in a global development role.
Publicis has been without a strategy chief since the departure of Tom Morton in May to join Euro RSCG New York as its chief strategy officer.
Matty Tong, Publicis London’s head of planning, also left the agency earlier this year to take on the role of planning director at Devilfish.
Quinn has been at JWT since June 2008, overseeing strategy on brands including Aero, Timotei and Andrex.
Before that, he spent ten years at Leagas Delaney and worked client-side at Bacardi.
Buchanan said: "Tony is one of planning’s leading lights and we’re delighted that he’s joining Publicis London.
"He’ll be a key part of our team and I can’t wait to get his intellect, creative passion and energy working across all our business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Artworker - Heavy Press Account Purple Consultancy £27000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Freelance Middleweight Designer Purple Consultancy £210 - £220 per day, London