Beckham wears blindfold for debut Sainsbury's ad
Sainsbury's first campaign starring new brand ambassador David Beckham, features the football star wearing a blindfold while playing a game of football with the British Paralympic team.
The ad is part of a two-month campaign that will form a key plank of the supermarket's sponsorship of next year's Paralympic Games.
Sainsbury's signed up Beckham up as a brand ambassador in a deal reportedly worth £5m.
The retailer has played down suggestions Beckham is a replacement for long-standing, outgoing brand ambassador Jamie Oliver.
The retailer says that Beckham is the face of Sainsbury's London 2012 Paralympic marketing, and, unlike Oliver, is not promoting products.
The two-month cinema campaign featuring Beckham is supporting the brand's Million Kids Challenge, which highlights the level of skill and commitment required to participate in Paralympic sport.
In the ad, Beckham is seen watching how visually impaired footballers train, before being blindfolded to find out what it is like to play without sight.
Sainsbury's announced back in May that it had signed a sponsorship deal with the London 2012 Paralympic Games.
The creative for the campaign was carried out by AMV.BBDO.
Follow Matthew Chapman on Twitter @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Manager, Integrated Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Publishing Communications Manager - Job-share,3 days a week Stopgap £30000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Mid level and Senior Digital Project Managers Zebra People £30000 - £50000 per annum + great benefits, East London
- Visual Merchandising Project Manager - Luxury CG Jarlett de Grouchy £35000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Wimbledon
- Case Manager/Administrator - Pensions Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent bens, London