Beckham wears blindfold for debut Sainsbury's ad
Sainsbury's first campaign starring new brand ambassador David Beckham, features the football star wearing a blindfold while playing a game of football with the British Paralympic team.
The ad is part of a two-month campaign that will form a key plank of the supermarket's sponsorship of next year's Paralympic Games.
Sainsbury's signed up Beckham up as a brand ambassador in a deal reportedly worth £5m.
The retailer has played down suggestions Beckham is a replacement for long-standing, outgoing brand ambassador Jamie Oliver.
The retailer says that Beckham is the face of Sainsbury's London 2012 Paralympic marketing, and, unlike Oliver, is not promoting products.
The two-month cinema campaign featuring Beckham is supporting the brand's Million Kids Challenge, which highlights the level of skill and commitment required to participate in Paralympic sport.
In the ad, Beckham is seen watching how visually impaired footballers train, before being blindfolded to find out what it is like to play without sight.
Sainsbury's announced back in May that it had signed a sponsorship deal with the London 2012 Paralympic Games.
The creative for the campaign was carried out by AMV.BBDO.
Follow Matthew Chapman on Twitter @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...