Mirror Group Digital reports highest monthly user jump
Mirror Group Digital reported a market-leading 17% jump in average daily traffic in October, luring in 100,000 more daily browsers than it managed in September, according to the latest ABC internet traffic figures.
Mirror Group Digital: recorded a 17% rise in average daily traffic last month
The ABC internet traffic report for October reveals Mirror Group Digital – which includes visitors to mirror.co.uk and 3am.co.uk – along with Guardian.co.uk and Telegraph.co.uk, were the only national websites to report double-digit monthly growth average daily browser numbers.
While still a relative minnow, Mirror Group Digital has extended its lead over rival Independent.co.uk, after a successful October, benefiting from a number of big news stories, including the death of Steve Jobs.
Mirror Group Digital reported 710,695 average daily users in October, a leap of 17.22% on the previous month. Its monthly user number was 15,796,147, up 25.53% on the previous month.
Mail Online continues to lead the way and remains the country's most popular newspaper website, for the13th month running.
Mail Online – which includes visitors to dailymail.co.uk, its fantasy football website and Mail Rewards Club – reported an average daily user number of 4,563,492, up 12.31% on the previous month.
Mail Online has slightly increased its lead over Guardian.co.uk, which remains the second-most-popular visited site.
Guardian.co.uk registered 3,275,624 average daily users in October.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
|ABCe Results October 2011|
|Online title||Global Daily||Daily %||Daily %||Global monthly|
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...