TUI knocks Thomas Cook in press ads
TUI Travel, the UK's largest tour operator, is running a knocking press ad campaign against ailing rival Thomas Cook, highlighting that its competitor is "experiencing turbulence".
TUI: Thomson Holidays owner's press ad knocks rival Thomas Cook
TUI Travel, which owns Thomson Holidays and First Choice, has placed press ads in today's national press (25 November), talking up the Thomson brand against its rival's financial woes.
The ad, which runs under the brand's "Your holiday to a T" strapline, states: "You can smile with Thomson because you’re in safe hands.
"Another holiday company may be experiencing turbulence, but we're in really great shape."
The ad details the benefits of Thomson Holidays, adding: "You can trust us to deliver."
Thomas Cook this week said it was pushing back the announcement of its financial results, expected yesterday (24 November), and that it was seeking a £100m cash injection from its banks, due to a deterioration of trading.
The tour operator was also due to announce the results of its review of the UK business, but has delayed this, and only last month received £100m from its network of banks.
Thomas Cook said that the company was operating "business as usual" and that consumers "should not worry".
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End