Salvation Army fights cutbacks with emotional Xmas campaign
The Salvation Army is launching a hard-hitting campaign that dispels the image of a cosy Christmas as it attempts to raise funds in the face of deep social service cutbacks.
Television activity appeals for financial support by showing moving images of a war veteran, a young man spending his first Christmas on the street and a family living on the breadline.
Sarah Bryan, Salvation Army head of individual giving, said: "After the social service cutbacks we’ve witnessed this year, we know that this Christmas, more people than ever are likely to need our help.
"This campaign has only a month to deliver a significant return. By showing the desperate need around Britain and the selfless, hands-on support delivered by the trusted uniformed officers, staff and volunteers, the creative reinforces the urgent need to donate more than spare change."
Television activity will be pre-empted by a donor pack sent out next week. The pack will ask for donations, calling for prople to make "small, but vital miracles" happen for people in need.
The direct mail and television campaign will be further supported by press, radio and online activity. All elements of the campaign were created by direct marketing agency Watson Phillips Norman (WPN).
WPN business director John Eversley said last year’s fundraising campaign for the charity was the most successful ever, raising more than £10m.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London