Müller marketer Rolston departs amid senior management shake-up
Müller marketing director Lee Rolston is leaving the company after just over a year in the role, amid swingeing cuts to the dairy-product company's senior management and a shake-up of its UK business.
Müller: marketer leaving weeks after £20m campaign launch
Rolston's departure -follows the exit of Müller's UK chief executive, Gharry Eccles, in October.
Eccles, a former managing director of Wrigley UK, led the UK Müller business for a little less than two years, before being replaced by Ronald Kers, chief executive of Nestle's Austrian and Slovenian operations.
Rolston joined Müller in October 2010, following nearly four years as a marketer at Cadbury. He held various roles at InBev prior to this.
Rolston led the relaunch of Müller's brand positioning with a major £20m campaign, unveiled last month, which featured a number of well-known animated TV characters, including Yogi Bear, the Mr Men and Wacky Races' Mutley.
Combined sales of Müller's three biggest brands – Müller Corner, Müller Light and Müller Rice – are believed to be slightly down year on year.
The brand's entire portfolio, including Müller Vitality and Little Stars, has annual sales of more than £400m.
Sales of Müller's core port-folio are understood to have grown by single figures since the ad broke, while the rest of the category is experiencing a dip.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Online Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Brand Manager - Innovation Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, Midlands
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, North London
- Planner Dahling Ltd £40,000 - 50,000 + bonus, Central London
- Account Manager Brand Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + car/car allowance and benefits, Birmingham