Müller marketer Rolston departs amid senior management shake-up
Müller marketing director Lee Rolston is leaving the company after just over a year in the role, amid swingeing cuts to the dairy-product company's senior management and a shake-up of its UK business.
Müller: marketer leaving weeks after £20m campaign launch
Rolston's departure -follows the exit of Müller's UK chief executive, Gharry Eccles, in October.
Eccles, a former managing director of Wrigley UK, led the UK Müller business for a little less than two years, before being replaced by Ronald Kers, chief executive of Nestle's Austrian and Slovenian operations.
Rolston joined Müller in October 2010, following nearly four years as a marketer at Cadbury. He held various roles at InBev prior to this.
Rolston led the relaunch of Müller's brand positioning with a major £20m campaign, unveiled last month, which featured a number of well-known animated TV characters, including Yogi Bear, the Mr Men and Wacky Races' Mutley.
Combined sales of Müller's three biggest brands – Müller Corner, Müller Light and Müller Rice – are believed to be slightly down year on year.
The brand's entire portfolio, including Müller Vitality and Little Stars, has annual sales of more than £400m.
Sales of Müller's core port-folio are understood to have grown by single figures since the ad broke, while the rest of the category is experiencing a dip.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...