Aviva's Amanda Mackenzie named Marketing Society president
Aviva's chief marketing and communications officer, Amanda Mackenzie, has been unveiled as president of The Marketing Society.
Amanda Mackenzie: The Marketing Society's new president
Mackenzie takes over from Procter & Gamble corporate marketing director Roisin Donnelly, who held the role for two years. Donnelly, in turn, was preceded by Britvic marketer Andrew Marsden, who took over from Unilever chief marketing and communication officer Keith Weed.
Mackenzie said: 'Over the next two years there will be a challenge for marketers to help drive profitable growth in their organisations.'
Hugh Burkitt, chief executive of The Marketing Society, added: 'We are thrilled that Amanda has agreed to take on this post. She is a champ-ion of the role of marketing in business and has provided an impressive example by becoming the first chief marketing officer of Aviva on its executive board.'
Meanwhile, almost 21,000 people voted for their favourite brands in this year's Marketing Society Brand of the Year award, in association with ITV and Marketing, up from 12,000 last year. For full details, see next week's issue of Marketing.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...