Aviva's Amanda Mackenzie named Marketing Society president
Aviva's chief marketing and communications officer, Amanda Mackenzie, has been unveiled as president of The Marketing Society.
Amanda Mackenzie: The Marketing Society's new president
Mackenzie takes over from Procter & Gamble corporate marketing director Roisin Donnelly, who held the role for two years. Donnelly, in turn, was preceded by Britvic marketer Andrew Marsden, who took over from Unilever chief marketing and communication officer Keith Weed.
Mackenzie said: 'Over the next two years there will be a challenge for marketers to help drive profitable growth in their organisations.'
Hugh Burkitt, chief executive of The Marketing Society, added: 'We are thrilled that Amanda has agreed to take on this post. She is a champ-ion of the role of marketing in business and has provided an impressive example by becoming the first chief marketing officer of Aviva on its executive board.'
Meanwhile, almost 21,000 people voted for their favourite brands in this year's Marketing Society Brand of the Year award, in association with ITV and Marketing, up from 12,000 last year. For full details, see next week's issue of Marketing.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1