Aviva's Amanda Mackenzie named Marketing Society president
Aviva's chief marketing and communications officer, Amanda Mackenzie, has been unveiled as president of The Marketing Society.
Amanda Mackenzie: The Marketing Society's new president
Mackenzie takes over from Procter & Gamble corporate marketing director Roisin Donnelly, who held the role for two years. Donnelly, in turn, was preceded by Britvic marketer Andrew Marsden, who took over from Unilever chief marketing and communication officer Keith Weed.
Mackenzie said: 'Over the next two years there will be a challenge for marketers to help drive profitable growth in their organisations.'
Hugh Burkitt, chief executive of The Marketing Society, added: 'We are thrilled that Amanda has agreed to take on this post. She is a champ-ion of the role of marketing in business and has provided an impressive example by becoming the first chief marketing officer of Aviva on its executive board.'
Meanwhile, almost 21,000 people voted for their favourite brands in this year's Marketing Society Brand of the Year award, in association with ITV and Marketing, up from 12,000 last year. For full details, see next week's issue of Marketing.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...