Publicis acquires Chinese digital agency Gomye
Publicis Groupe is bolstering its digital offering in China by buying Gomye, a full-service digital agency with offices in Beijing, Chengdu and Chongqing, for an undisclosed sum.
Maurice Lévy: chairman and chief executive of Publicis Groupe
The agency will be rebranded as Publicis Modem Beijing and Publicis Modem Chengdu, and its chief executive Alan Yang will become managing director of both, reporting to the chief executive of Publicis Beijing.
Jean-Yves Naouri, Publicis Groupe chief operating officer and China Publicis Groupe chairman, said: "Acquiring Gomye is a particularly important move for us. It not only further strengthens our digital capabilities in Beijing, but also gives us the critical ability to offer our clients significant digital expertise in the booming cities of Chengdu and Chongqing."
Gomye was founded in 2003 and employs 51 people. Its client list includes China's largest residential developer, Vanke Real Estate, movie and media company Huayi Brothers Media Group, spirits company Wuliangye Yibin, China Mobile and China Telecom.
The move, which is subject to approval by the Chinese authorities, follows close on the heels of the acquisition of another Chinese digital agency, Wangfan, based in Shanghai.
Publicis has bought a series of Chinese agencies as part of an attempt to double its size in the country between 2010 and 2012 – Genedigi (June 2011), Dreams (May 2011), Interactive Communications (February 2011) and Eastwei Relations (November 2010).
The French group's British rival WPP has also been on the acquisition trail in the Far East, most recently increasing its stake in Chinese in-game advertising company InGame Ad.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...