BMW launches Olympics iPad magazine
BMW has launched an Olympics 2012 iPad magazine app as part of its tier-one sponsorship of the London Games.
BMW: releases London 2012 Olympics iPad magazine app
The free interactive magazine app, created by Partners Andrews Aldridge, features a range of exclusive content covering BMW-backed Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls, as well as other athletes.
It includes video interviews and profiles of performance-team members Rebecca Adlington, the swimmer; canoeist Tim Branbats, and wheelchair racer David Weir.
Olympic rower James Cracknell, who is the guest editor of the magazine, also features in a video, having a conversation over lunch with javelin thrower Steve Backley.
The digital magazine opens with time-lapse photography of a sunset over the Olympic Stadium.
The app is free to download from iTunes today (29 November). BMW plans to roll it out across Android in the coming months.
Nicola Green, CRM communications manager for BMW UK, said: "In addition to highlighting the ways in which BMW is helping London 2012 deliver a sustainable Games, the magazine also shines a light on the numerous British athletes we're supporting as they prepare for what promises to be the most memorable moments of their sporting careers."
BMW rolled out its first Olympics activity in September, with a campaign around its special edition Mini car range.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...