BMW launches Olympics iPad magazine
BMW has launched an Olympics 2012 iPad magazine app as part of its tier-one sponsorship of the London Games.
BMW: releases London 2012 Olympics iPad magazine app
The free interactive magazine app, created by Partners Andrews Aldridge, features a range of exclusive content covering BMW-backed Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls, as well as other athletes.
It includes video interviews and profiles of performance-team members Rebecca Adlington, the swimmer; canoeist Tim Branbats, and wheelchair racer David Weir.
Olympic rower James Cracknell, who is the guest editor of the magazine, also features in a video, having a conversation over lunch with javelin thrower Steve Backley.
The digital magazine opens with time-lapse photography of a sunset over the Olympic Stadium.
The app is free to download from iTunes today (29 November). BMW plans to roll it out across Android in the coming months.
Nicola Green, CRM communications manager for BMW UK, said: "In addition to highlighting the ways in which BMW is helping London 2012 deliver a sustainable Games, the magazine also shines a light on the numerous British athletes we're supporting as they prepare for what promises to be the most memorable moments of their sporting careers."
BMW rolled out its first Olympics activity in September, with a campaign around its special edition Mini car range.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Account Manager - integrated agency - Central London WE ARE THOMAS £30-36k plus benefits, Central London
- Digital Designer - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Somerset
- CRM Manager (1 year maternity cover) f1 Recruitment 50,000, Kensington
- Head of Digital and CRM - entrepreneurial global online brand - Hertfordshire - up to £75K f1 Recruitment Up to £75K depending on experience, Hertfordshire