We7 targets mainstream radio with debut TV campaign
We7, the digital music service, is making its television debut with a marketing campaign to attract mainstream radio listeners to the relaunched service.
The campaign launches later this week and runs for two weeks with 30-sec and 10-sec spots on music channels, including MTV and The Box.
The ad features promotional text to communicate We7's new positioning as a "personal DJ".
It also uses a series of captions to promote the 10 million free tracks the service offers and also promotes its various mobile apps. The campaign, which was co-produced in house with Dancing Aardvarks, is being supported with digital ads.
In September We7 relaunched to become more of an internet radio station. At the time, Steve Purdham, chief executive of We7, said the brand was aiming to attract younger audiences who do not want to pay for music.
We7's relaunch comes at a time when the service faces heightened competition in the digital music space and it has chosen to differentiate the service from the likes of Spotify and Deezer, which are bolstering the paid-for subscriptions part of their businesses.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...