MFI revived as online-only brand
MFI is returning as an online-only home furnishings brand, three years after closing down in the depths of the recession.
MFI: returns as online-only furnishings brand
Financial troubles forced the retailer into administration in November 2008 and, after failing to find a buyer, it closed its 111 stores in December that year with the loss of 1,400 jobs.
The MFI brand was bought by private equity firm Walker Capital in 2010 and its relaunch as an online-only offering has been in development for nearly two years.
MFI will position itself as a brand, "offering high quality luxurious and affordable home furnishings, excluding kitchens, with a first class customer service’"
The retailer is plunging straight into the Christmas price-promotion battle by offering customers 60% off orders placed before 12 December.
Walker Capital has experience of the online retail market, as it also owns brands including Victoria Plumb, an online and mail order bathroom retailer.
MFI carried out market research that suggested customers would buy home furnishings online if the customer service was ‘"first class" and products were of high-quality and affordable.
Customers will be able to stipulate a preferred delivery date and track delivery at every stage to reassure them the product is being delivered on time.
The management team at MFI includes commercial director Adrian Storr, who spent three years as merchandise director at MFI between 2005 and 2008.
Follow Matthew Chapman on Twitter @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Sales & Account Exec - #Mobile #Advertising #London Digital Gurus £18000 - £22000 per annum + OTE upto £26,000 (Package), London
- VP Business Development - Mobile Innovation / Products Digital Gurus £85000 - £125000 per annum + benefits, London
- Technical Sales Manager #RTB #Mobile #London Digital Gurus £40000 - £50000 per annum + + OTE 50%, City of London
- Digital Designer - London - £25,000 - £30,000 Red Sofa London £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London