MFI revived as online-only brand
MFI is returning as an online-only home furnishings brand, three years after closing down in the depths of the recession.
MFI: returns as online-only furnishings brand
Financial troubles forced the retailer into administration in November 2008 and, after failing to find a buyer, it closed its 111 stores in December that year with the loss of 1,400 jobs.
The MFI brand was bought by private equity firm Walker Capital in 2010 and its relaunch as an online-only offering has been in development for nearly two years.
MFI will position itself as a brand, "offering high quality luxurious and affordable home furnishings, excluding kitchens, with a first class customer service’"
The retailer is plunging straight into the Christmas price-promotion battle by offering customers 60% off orders placed before 12 December.
Walker Capital has experience of the online retail market, as it also owns brands including Victoria Plumb, an online and mail order bathroom retailer.
MFI carried out market research that suggested customers would buy home furnishings online if the customer service was ‘"first class" and products were of high-quality and affordable.
Customers will be able to stipulate a preferred delivery date and track delivery at every stage to reassure them the product is being delivered on time.
The management team at MFI includes commercial director Adrian Storr, who spent three years as merchandise director at MFI between 2005 and 2008.
Follow Matthew Chapman on Twitter @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...