Absolute Radio to hold event at the Houses of Parliament
Absolute Radio is to host a 'Redefining Radio' event for media agencies and advertisers, in conjunction with culture minister Ed Vaizey, at the Houses of Parliament in January.
Absolute Radio: to host Redefining Radio event at Westminster in January
The event will look at how the internet is changing radio and confirmed speakers include Vaizey, the minister for culture, communications and creative industries, and Karla Geci, strategic partner development at Facebook.
The session will explore the opportunities for audio broadcasting in the digital space, and will comprise a reception space with demonstrations of the latest technology, as well as short talks from each of the speakers.
Absolute Radio has long been a champion of digital radio and, with the BBC, GMG Radio and Global Radio, was part of the cross-industry initiative, UK Radioplayer, that developed an online platform for all UK radio stations.
Other confirmed speakers include Tim Davie, director of audio and music at the BBC; Clive Dickens, chief operating officer, Absolute Radio, and the event will close with a final session from comedian, writer and broadcaster, Dave Gorman.
Dickens said "UK Radio has never been in a better place, with record reach and cross-platform growth against a backdrop of personalised music and other IP and mobile content propositions.
"The internet is redefining radio and bringing about great opportunities – this unique event aims to showcase progress to date within the British Digital Audio Economy".
The invitation-only breakfast event will be held at Portcullis House between 8.45am and 11.45am, on Thursday 12 January 2012.
Although the event is primarily for agencies and advertisers, it may be opened up to other commercial radio groups if space allows.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...