John Lewis highlights price-match promise
John Lewis has reacted to Debenhams' Big Gift Event sale this weekend with press ads highlighting its 'Never knowingly undersold' commitment to price-match its high-street competitors.
John Lewis: Christmas 2011 ad campaign
As Christmas shopping gets into full swing, John Lewis is running a national print campaign in papers including The Times, with a headline: "If our competitors have a sale, we have a sale".
The creative, by Adam & Eve, says John Lewis, "will be price-matching a competitor's brand event from today until Sunday".
Any item included in the rival's sale will be price-matched by John Lewis.
Debenhams is currently running a Big Gift Event sale until Sunday, offering up to 30% off throughout the store.
In addition, John Lewis is attempting to lure customers into its stores by offering 20% off cashmere and coats.
Major retailers are all slashing prices on winter clothing to clear the amount of stock that has accumulated as a result of the unseasonably warm weather.
ollow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)