John Lewis highlights price-match promise
John Lewis has reacted to Debenhams' Big Gift Event sale this weekend with press ads highlighting its 'Never knowingly undersold' commitment to price-match its high-street competitors.
John Lewis: Christmas 2011 ad campaign
As Christmas shopping gets into full swing, John Lewis is running a national print campaign in papers including The Times, with a headline: "If our competitors have a sale, we have a sale".
The creative, by Adam & Eve, says John Lewis, "will be price-matching a competitor's brand event from today until Sunday".
Any item included in the rival's sale will be price-matched by John Lewis.
Debenhams is currently running a Big Gift Event sale until Sunday, offering up to 30% off throughout the store.
In addition, John Lewis is attempting to lure customers into its stores by offering 20% off cashmere and coats.
Major retailers are all slashing prices on winter clothing to clear the amount of stock that has accumulated as a result of the unseasonably warm weather.
ollow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London