Barclaycard teams up with celebrities for 'Easier' Christmas push
Barclaycard is extending its ongoing 'Easier' brand campaign with a Christmas promotion promising to make Christmas easier for consumers.
Olly Murs: features in Barclaycard campaign
Alongside outdoor and print ads, the payment brand is rolling out a Facebook competition offering 24 experiences as prizes, such as pop star Olly Murs singing carols on consumers’ doorsteps. The online advent calendar, created by agencies Dare, Walker Media and Mission, can be found at www.facebook.com/barclaycard.
The Christmas push is the latest phase in Barclaycard's new brand campaign, which aims to position the brand as making life easier for both consumers and merchants with its payment systems.
Gary Twelvetree, global brand director at Barclaycard, said that rather than just focusing on contactless technology, as previous campaigns have done, the brand wanted to showcase its "broader" proposition.
He said: "We have a rich suite of offers, from our music and entertainment strand, to the Barclaycard Freedom rewards programme, so felt it appropriate to get multiple messages out there. With Christmas, it is an exciting time but also fills you with dread – we're not claiming we make shopping easier, but we'll make our bit easier."
Twelvetree added that Barclaycard was plotting a follow-up to its ‘Waterslide’ and ‘Rollercoaster’ TV spots, with a campaign "in the pipeline" for launch next year.
He said: "We will be doing TV, but it will be part of a broader platform."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...