Samsung partners Fetch TV for video-on-demand content
Samsung Electronics has partnered with Fetch TV to give its Smart TV users pay-as-you-go access to a library of video-on-demand content.
Pirates of the Caribbean: available next year on Fetch TV
The Fetch TV app will be available from early next year and will host blockbuster films, TV series, documentaries, music concerts, sports programming and children’s shows.
Titles include 'Pirates of the Caribbean', 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy', 'Face/Off', 'Inspector Morse' and 'Keith Floyd on Africa'.
In addition to the pay-as-you go service, mini-subscriptions to genre-specific channel packages will also be available.
Samsung UK marketing director Guy Kinnell claims the partnership and the possibilities provided by the internet-connected televisions "will ensure Smart TV users never miss a moment".
Fetch TV joins an increasing number of services available via the Samsung Apps platform, including BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Teletext Holidays, Facebook and Twitter.
Samsung Apps claims to be the first and biggest app store available for TVs, with over 10 million apps already downloaded worldwide.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)