Trinity Mirror appoints Reuters man as new chairman
Trinity Mirror, publisher of the Daily Mirror, has appointed David Grigson, the former chief financial officer of Reuters, as its new chairman with effect from August 2012.
David Grigson: to succeed Sir Ian Gibson as Trinity Mirror chairman
Trinity Mirror today (Monday) announced that Grigson has been appointed as non-executive director and chairman designate and will take up the post on 1 January.
He will then take up the chairman's role full-time on 3 August 2012.
Grigson will join a board that includes chief executive Sly Bailey, finance director Vijay Vaghela, and non-executive director Laura Wade-Grey, who is a key Marks & Spencer executive.
He will replace retiring chairman Sir Ian Gibson.
Grigson, a chartered accountant, was previously chief finance officer of Reuters and prior to that, he was at EMAP.
Currently, he is chairman of Creston, the communications group, and is a non-executive director of Standard Life and online retailer Ocado.
He was previously a non-executive director of Carphone Warehouse.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Executive - Get creative with your Corporate PR Major Players £20000 - £24000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Ecommerce Marketing Executive Stopgap £25000 - £32000 per annum, Berkshire
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Store Design Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Brand Marketing Manager lastminute.com Competitive with great benefits, Farringdon