Trinity Mirror appoints Reuters man as new chairman
Trinity Mirror, publisher of the Daily Mirror, has appointed David Grigson, the former chief financial officer of Reuters, as its new chairman with effect from August 2012.
David Grigson: to succeed Sir Ian Gibson as Trinity Mirror chairman
Trinity Mirror today (Monday) announced that Grigson has been appointed as non-executive director and chairman designate and will take up the post on 1 January.
He will then take up the chairman's role full-time on 3 August 2012.
Grigson will join a board that includes chief executive Sly Bailey, finance director Vijay Vaghela, and non-executive director Laura Wade-Grey, who is a key Marks & Spencer executive.
He will replace retiring chairman Sir Ian Gibson.
Grigson, a chartered accountant, was previously chief finance officer of Reuters and prior to that, he was at EMAP.
Currently, he is chairman of Creston, the communications group, and is a non-executive director of Standard Life and online retailer Ocado.
He was previously a non-executive director of Carphone Warehouse.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Agency Candidates Required Michael Page Digital GBP25000 - GBP50000 per annum, Guildford
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...