Media agencies reduce global adspend forecasts
GroupM and Magna Global have softened their global adspend forecasts for 2012, to 6.4% and 5% respectively.
Adspend forecast: agencies review growth
The revised forecasts show the WPP media powerhouse largely sticking with its optimistic stance five months after pencilling in 6.7% global growth for next year.
It has reduced its forecast for the US from 4.2% to 4%, but mitigated this by stating that Japan's advertising recovery "has proved substantially more vigorous and resilient than we forecast in our mid-year report".
Magna Global, the Interpublic-owned media specialist, has made a bigger change, taking 1.5% off its previous forecast.
It blamed the downgrade on "deteriorating macro-economic perspectives", but said growth would still be substantial due to a stronger than ever quadrennial effect and continued momentum in developing countries.
The Olympics, the European football championships and the US Presidential elections will bring an additional 1% to 2% on top of organic revenue growth across markets, Magna Global predicts.
Separately Publicis Groupe media agency ZenithOptimedia reduced its forecast from 5.3% in October to 4.7%, with just 2% growth for Western Europe. However, the agency network has also upwardly revised its outlook for UK adspend in 2011 after what it envisages to be a stronger than expected fourth quarter.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London