Andrex poised for £3m relaunch of moist wipes brand
Kimberly-Clark has signed an exclusive advertising deal with Channel 4 for a £3m overhaul of Andrex's moist-tissue wipes, which have been rebranded Andrex Washlets.
Andrex: £3m relaunch of moist wipes range Washlets
The Washlets sub-brand, formerly Andrex Fresh, has been relaunched with the introduction of the strapline 'Change what you mean by clean'.
Kimberly-Clark plans to position Washlets as a health-and-beauty product to better target its key audience of younger women. Andrex claims to have 'improved the softness' of the Washlets, which are lightly moistened, dermatologically tested, flushable wipes.
The campaign, to be fronted by TV presenter Dawn Porter, has been created by Channel 4 and content development company The Outfit, in a partnership negotiated by media agency Mindshare.
Kimberly-Clark claimed that there is a stigma attached to moist toilet tissue, which some consumers perceive as a product for people with health issues.
The ads will show Porter travelling throughout the UK and talking to the general public about moist toilet tissue, with the aim of driving 'normalisation' of the Washlets product.
Porter will post pictures and videos of her journey on the Andrex Facebook page, to further encourage consumers to try the product.
A range of 30- and 60-second TV ads will launch on 17 January, with three-minute versions created for consumers to access online.
Jon White, European bath tissue director at Kimberly-Clark, said: 'This category is growing by more than 8% year on year, so represents an opportunity for us to drive additional value and sales.'
Andrex is lining up a major campaign in 2012 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of its puppy mascot, as well as the brand's 70th anniversary.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Social Media Account Manager Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £40k + benefits, Colchester
- Digital Project Manager AF Selection £30,000 - £35,000, West Midlands
- Conceptual Creative E3 Media Limited £35,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience, Situated in the creative quarter of Bristol
- Insight Executive - Financial Services Company NG Digital Marketing up to £27k, Central London
- Display Account Manager NG Digital Marketing 40k, Central London