EasyJet enters mobile arena with 'Speedy Booking' app
Low-cost airline easyJet is launching its first mobile app, which enables consumers to search and book fares through their smartphone.
easyJet: launching mobile app
The app, called 'Speedy Booking', has been developed by agency VCCP and launches this week. It is free to download for the iPhone and Android smartphones, from the iTunes Store and Android Market respectively.
The app allows users to make bookings both for standard and flexi-fares, add luggage and speedy boarding, check flights and manage bookings.
Consumers will be able to book flights across 580 European routes through what easyJet claims is the 'fastest -airline app'.
Peter Duffy, marketing director of easyJet, said the app will also be ‘invaluable’ in times of disruption, referencing last winter’s snow crisis, as it will give passengers access to ‘all the information they need, as well as having the ability to change their flights in seconds’.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager - Integrated - £28-32K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Innovation Development Manager Stopgap £35750 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Social Content Producer leading London Digital Agency highly progressive social account Ramsden Road c.£40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Secure Connectivity Product Manager Barclay Meade £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Berkshire