Appointment to View: Behind the scenes of the Morrisons Christmas ad
Morrisons' Christmas ad by DLKW features Freddie Flintoff and Sir Bruce Forsyth and is set in a fantasy Christmas market. We take a look behind the scenes.
Despite featuring a "winter wonderland"-themed, market the ad was filmed during the heat of October’s Indian summer.
A Ferris wheel, giant camera crane and snow machine were set up in Kingston Market, just outside London. The ad was directed by Paul Weiland.
Morrisons' food is the main focus of the ad. All the food was shot in close-up at Black Island studios, where an industrial kitchen was constantly cooking Morrisons products. Deliveries of other goods were directed there from all over the brand's supply network.
The shot with the Ferris wheel was filmed twice. Outside and moving for wide shots of Freddie and a group of kids, while inside, a mock-up of a smaller section of the wheel was set up for close-up shots.
Sir Bruce and Freddie were shot in close-up against a green screen. Framestore then helped to piece together the close-ups with the snow and atmosphere of the outside market to create a seamless final scene.
Sir Bruce said "It's been a marvellous shoot – I've enjoyed it very much indeed and I would like to wish good luck to Morrisons and a very Happy Christmas to all you workers and a Happy New Year."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...