Appointment to View: Behind the scenes of the Morrisons Christmas ad
Morrisons' Christmas ad by DLKW features Freddie Flintoff and Sir Bruce Forsyth and is set in a fantasy Christmas market. We take a look behind the scenes.
Despite featuring a "winter wonderland"-themed, market the ad was filmed during the heat of October’s Indian summer.
A Ferris wheel, giant camera crane and snow machine were set up in Kingston Market, just outside London. The ad was directed by Paul Weiland.
Morrisons' food is the main focus of the ad. All the food was shot in close-up at Black Island studios, where an industrial kitchen was constantly cooking Morrisons products. Deliveries of other goods were directed there from all over the brand's supply network.
The shot with the Ferris wheel was filmed twice. Outside and moving for wide shots of Freddie and a group of kids, while inside, a mock-up of a smaller section of the wheel was set up for close-up shots.
Sir Bruce and Freddie were shot in close-up against a green screen. Framestore then helped to piece together the close-ups with the snow and atmosphere of the outside market to create a seamless final scene.
Sir Bruce said "It's been a marvellous shoot – I've enjoyed it very much indeed and I would like to wish good luck to Morrisons and a very Happy Christmas to all you workers and a Happy New Year."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London