BT Business kicks off creative overhaul
BT Business has called a review of its ad business.
BT Business is reviewing advertising
The former incumbent, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, won the account in 2006, when the billings on the business were £17 million.
However the review, which will be handled through the AAR, has been called after the shop was forced to resign the business after being appointed to the £47 million Vodafone account in August.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, which handles BT’s consumer advertising business, is unaffected by the BT Business review.
The bulk of the advertising activity is likely to focus on the UK, with elements of international work to target BT’s overseas business customers.
RKCR/Y&R has created campaigns for BT Business including a humorous spot in 2009 that featured the celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay trying to fix his restaurant’s IT services, leaving the restaurant in total chaos. The strapline read: "Do what you do best."
BT Business later replaced Ramsay with the Dragons’ Den business tycoon Peter Jones as the face of its advertising on TV.
BT Business, part of BT’s Retail division, was launched to provide a range of services to the UK’s small and medium-sized businesses, with fixed-line, mobile and broadband telecoms and IT solutions and services.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...