Govt invests in ad apprenticeships
The IPA has helped to secure nearly £1 million of government funding to develop and promote an apprenticeship scheme for the creative industries.
Mendelsohn: the IPA’s involvement in the Skillset bid was part of its president’s talent agenda
Skillset, the skills council for the creative sector, was awarded the money and is expected to create up to 250 jobs for post-A level school-leavers in IPA member agencies over the next three years.
The IPA advised on the Skillset bid and participated in the pitch meeting to obtain the funds, which were made available by Vince Cable, the Business Secretary.
Meetings with IPA member agencies will start in January to create the framework for up to four apprenticeship schemes for the advertising sector, which will combine targeted training with on-the-job work experience in media, digital, direct marketing and creative agencies from September next year.
The trade body's involvement forms part of the agenda of its president, Nicola Mendelsohn, to attract talent from different backgrounds to the industry and develop better skills.
In November, the IPA held a seminar that focused on apprenticeships for over-16s that has resulted in 22 member agencies agreeing to take on junior apprentices.
Janet Hull, the director of marketing at the IPA, said: "When almost one million 16- to 24-year-olds are out of work, and when soaring university fees are discouraging even the brightest students from realising their full potential, the need for this apprenticeship scheme couldn't be more apparent."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...