Ford extends Champions League sponsorship
Ford has extended its 20-year sponsorship of the UEFA Champions League by a further three years, and will mark next year's final in Munich by launching 'Champions' special-value models.
Ford: extends its UEFA Champions League sponsorship to June 2015
Ford has extended its sponsorship of Europe's top football competition through until June 2015.
The car maker has been the official partner and official vehicle supplier to the UEFA Champions League for 20 years, making it the longest-standing UEFA sponsor.
Stephen Odell, chairman and chief executive of Ford of Europe, said: "We are delighted that Ford has chosen to extend their agreement with UEFA and the UEFA Champions League for another three years."
Ford wants to celebrate the 2012 UEFA Champions League Final by introducing a number of innovations, including a 'Champions' special-value model range, as well as providing 200 vehicles featuring the Champions League Final livery. The innovations will be supported through social media.
It is unclear how much the deal is worth.
UEFA Champions League sponsors also include Heineken, Sony, Playstation and UniCredit.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London