Twitter reveals new look including brand pages
Twitter has unveiled a major redesign and has added brand profile pages - initially from a select group of 21 brands including Coca-Cola, Bing, Heineken and Dell - which will roll out to consumers over the next few months.
Twitter: rolls out redesign
Twitter said it will be expanding the new commercial platfrom to more brands early next year.
Unveiling the latest version of the site at the London arm of a global Twitter press conference yesterday, Ryan Sarver, director of platform, said the design was intended to help users follow what they care about, connect with others and discover new things.
The redesign is based around four new tabs: Home; Connect; Discover; and Me.
Home is the new timeline feature, which is now faster and easier. Connect enables consumers to interact with others and see who is interacting with them. Discover helps them find better content from users they do not necessarily follow. Me links lists, direct messages and images.
Marketing first revealled in April that Twitter was considering launching Facebook-style brand pages to drive deeper engagement with users on the platform.
This major redesign is a further stage in Twitter's expansion beyond its origins as a microblogging platform to offer brands more enhanced ways to engage with consumers.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter: @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...