PHD claims Grand Prix in Agency of the Year
Media agency PHD has scooped Marketing's inaugural Agency of the Year Grand Prix.
Sainsbury's: a key client for PHD
The award, which was judged by Marketing’s editorial team, was introduced this year to recognise the "best of the best" across the 13 category winners.
Judges for the media agency of the year said PHD, which also won the category last year, was "innovative and forward thinking".
In the advertising category VCCP triumphed after achieving runner-up status last year
"At a time when clients are placing effectiveness at the top of their priority list, the campaign results for each of VCCP's brands are very impressive. This is an agency that proves great advertising equals effective advertising," was the judges' verdict.
Work Club was named as the best digital agency, while Lida, which topped off a strong year by winning the £24m O2 account, finally clinched the top spot in the direct category, after being pipped to the post for the last two years.
The Red Consultancy was crowned PR agency of the year after impressing judges with its "good old-fashioned sales metrics", which demonstrated the positive effect of its work on its clients' business.
Elsewhere, Publicis Blueprint marked an incredible turnaround by winning the customer publishing category.
This year, the awards had an added emphasis on effectiveness to reflect the growing need for marketers to demonstrate the ROI of their work.
Grand Prix and Media - PHD
Advertising – VCCP
Direct – Lida
Digital – Work Club
Sponsorship – Fast Track
Branding – Interbrand
Customer publishing – Publicis Blueprint
Contact centres – CPM
Market research – Brainjuicer
PR – The Red Consultancy
Experiential – TRO
Field marketing – CPM
Promotional marketing – Haygarth
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Director Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum + bonus - depending on experience , St. Albans
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...