This is England '88 delivers three million viewers for C4
'This is England 88' kicked off with a peak audience of three million last night, Channel 4's highest rating drama launch this year.
This is England '88: Channel 4's highest rating drama launch this year
The three-part series is Shane Meadows’ follow-up to ‘This is England’, his 2006 feature-length film set in 1983, and last year’s four-part Channel 4 series ‘This is England 86’.
According to unofficial overnight figures ‘This is England 88’ had an average audience of 2.20 million viewers on Channel 4 between 10pm and 11pm. An additional 333,500 viewers watched the show on Channel 4+1.
‘This is England 88’ will continue this evening and tomorrow night at the same time.
Channel 4’s coverage of the travelling community has consistently delivered high ratings for the broadcaster and last night was no different as ‘My Big Fat Gypsy Christmas’ performed strongly at 9pm.
The peak audience during ‘My Big Fat Gypsy Christmas’ was 5.7 million viewers, ahead of the last show ‘My Big Fat Royal Gypsy Wedding’, which aired in April.
‘My Big Fat Gypsy Christmas’ had an average audience of 5.11 million viewers between 9pm and 10pm on Channel 4, a 20.5% share of the TV watching audience. An additional 722,800 watched the show on Channel 4 +1.
Elsewhere, the BBC cop drama ‘Death in Paradise’ pipped Channel 4 to the top spot between 9pm and 10pm with an average audience of 5.32 million viewers on BBC One and BBC One HD, a 21.4% share of the TV watching audience.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...