Absolute Radio poaches GNM's Simon Kilby
Absolute Radio has appointed Guardian News & Media sales director Simon Kilby as its new commercial director, replacing Chris Goldson who left the company to join ITV.
Simon Kilby: appointed commercial director at Absolute Radio
In his new role Kilby will have responsibility for Absolute Radio's commercial team and commercial strategy and monetising its digital footprint. He will sit on the executive board and report to Donnach O’Driscoll, chief executive of Absolute Radio.
Absolute Radio's commercial management team – advertising director Remy Kirk, director of branded content Louise Simkins and director of digital sales James Wigley – will report to Kilby.
Kilby has been sales director at Guardian News & Media's commercial arm since February 2010. He held a number of roles including sales executive, advertising manager and head of agency sales.
Prior to joining the Guardian in January 1997 Kilby worked for Express Newspapers from September 1994 and in outdoor at Mills and Allen (now part of JCDecaux) from January 1993.
Donnach O'Driscoll, chief executive at Absolute Radio, said: "Absolute Radio has ambitious digital growth plans – Simon has a wealth of traditional and digital media experience, top level agency and client relationships and will bring new perspective to radio."
Earlier this month Absolute Radio announced it was holding an event for agencies at the House of Commons as part of its push to "redefine radio".
Kilby said: "Absolute Radio is the most dynamic, forwarding thinking radio group out there.
"It understands the future is digital – I'll be setting out to monetise the digital footprint the brand has already established."
Kilby will start in early 2012.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)