Innocent encourages staff to take sabbaticals
Innocent Drinks is understood to be encouraging staff to take up to a year's unpaid sabbatical to reduce costs.
Innocent: 'superhero' ad campaign
Innocent has offered its staff the option of taking sabbaticals in the past, which have been used for cookery and educational courses, among other activities.
Sources told Marketing that "Innocent is offering staff the opportunity to take a year's unpaid sabbatical as part of the 2102 profit maximisation plan."
Sources said the smoothie company, which is 58% owned by Coke, wants to reduce costs and believes encouraging staff to take sabbaticals is a way of achieving this.
Coke acquired its majority stake in Innocent in April last year, paying between £60m and £70m. It bought an initial 18% stake back in 2009.
In the past Innocent has denied that it was considering selling the business to Coke, despite speculation that its founders were looking for an exit.
Richard Reed, Innocent co-founder, previously told Marketing: "Definitely not selling to Coke next year. If you're talking 5- to 10-years out, then one cannot predict the future as there is a whole range of potential outcomes, but I can confirm there is no fixed plan."
Earlier this year Neshat Mehrnoosh, an insight manager, and Simon Oxley, head of packaging both left the smoothie maker. They have not reportedly been replaced.
Innocent denied it was more actively encouraging staff to take sabbaticals than in previous years. It said: "We have always offered our employees the option of taking a sabbatical."
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London