Primesight retains £8m Glasgow Subway business
Primesight, the outdoor media owner, has retained the £8m outdoor ad contract for the Glasgow Subway, following a competitive pitch.
Primesight: retains outdoor ad contract for the Glasgow Subway
Primesight has held the outdoor contract on the Glasgow Subway for 20 years. The win means it will continue to sell traditional and digital advertising for the next three years, with the possibility to extend by another two.
A Primesight spokesman said the contract is estimated to be worth more than £8m over five years.
The estate currently includes 20 digital six-sheet screens and, following the retention, Primesight said it would be expanding the digital offer in the subway.
Last year, Glasgow Subway became the first undergound system in the UK to offer Wi-Fi to passengers, ahead of the London Underground, through a partnership with the Wi-Fi network, The Cloud (now owned by BSkyB.)
Keith Lammie, regional director, Primesight, said: "In the past five years, we have delivered some fantastic and unique campaigns for our clients in the Glasgow Subway.
"From special builds and wrapped trains, to live feeds and digital screens, we continue to push innovative offers for our clients. We have put forward some ambitious development plans and it will be with pride to see these come to fruition."
The regional transport partnership for west Scotland, Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT), is undertaking a £290m upgrade of the Glasgow Subway, which will include the introduction of driverless trains and Oyster card-style "smart ticketing".
CBS Outdoor, who also pitched for the contract, had not responded to requests for comment by the time of publication.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...