BBC pitches £5m media account for Licence Fee
The BBC is to pitch its £5m media planning and buying account for its Licence Fee and Marketing and Audiences units.
BBC: 2011 TV Licence Fee campaign
Peter Kirk, head of sales and marketing for BBC TV Licensing, said: "The type of media bought by the BBC has changed over the last few years, with a steady rise in digital space and outdoor media.
"More than half of the media bought by BBC Marketing & Audiences last year was digital, giving us the opportunity to communicate with our audiences using display and mobile channels."
The pitch has been called "to improve financial efficiencies while retaining a focus on quality and creativity," according to the corporation.
The business will be awarded for an initial three-year period.
Media agencies will be invited to complete and submit a pre-qualification questionnaire by 25 January 2012.
A shortlist of agencies will be selected and invited to formally tender for the business in March 2012.
Simon Lloyd, director of media engagement and marketing and audiences north, said the successful agency would be required to work closely with the BBC's Media Engagement team to assist in the media planning and buying of all non-BBC media.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London