Matt Shreeve named trading director at News International
Matt Shreeve, the former head of agency sales at Channel 4, has been appointed trading director at News International.
Matt Shreeve: joins News International
Shreeve will be responsible for how News International trades with its commercial partners. He will work alongside incoming sales director Ian Dowds and will report to Dominic Carter, commercial director, News International (NI).
The appointment of Shreeve and Dowds follows a wholesale restructure of the NI commercial team, which led to the departures of director of commercial strategy Neil Jones and sales innovation director, David German.
Shreeve is currently UK commercial director at barter company Active International, a role he took up one month after taking early retirement from Channel 4 after 18 years with the broadcaster.
Shreeve was part of C4's original in-house sales team until April 2010. He carved out a reputation for being a formidable trader, something C4 has struggled with since his departure.
Shreeve started his career in advertising at creative agencies including McCann Erickson, Allen Brady & Marsh and Lowe Howard-Spink before joining C4.
Carter said: "Matt's experience is invaluable and he is a real talent to have on board. I look forward to working with both him and Ian to build a market-leading team."
As part of the restructure, Carter was promoted the new role of commercial director, creative solutions director Abba Newbery became director of advertising strategy and head of business analytics Steve Bottomley became business services director.
Business intelligence director Claire Myerscough and sales support director Patricia Kill were appointed to interim roles on six-month and 21-month contracts respectively.
Shreeve said: "The opportunity to join a very highly respected team with the leading brands in the market was very appealing.
"News International is determined to take the leadership role in driving positive change in the sector, working collaboratively with advertisers and agencies in this process."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...