Lego launches first girls' range for 10 years
Lego will launch its first range for girls in 10 years on Boxing Day, supported with TV advertising, as it moves to "reinvigorate" its position in the girls' toy category.
Lego: launches Friends range for girls
The toy retailer is heavily investing in its Lego Friends range, which comprises five mini-figure dolls, with a major through-the-line advertising campaign that includes television activity.
Multiple television spots and a mini-movie starring characters from the Lego Friends range will launch in the New Year, to coincide with a second wave of Lego Friends.
Media planning and buying was handled by Carat.
The Lego Friends range is aimed at girls aged between five and eight, and will be accompanied by coloured bricks, animals and accessories.
The toy manufacturer's last range for girls was called Lego Scala and ran from 1997 to 2001.
Lego is also creating a fictional 'Heartlake City’ world to accompany the range, because it believes role play and themes are the key to success in the girls market.
Heartlake City forms the backdrop of the Lego Friends range and will include a variety of sets including a tree house, beauty salon and veterinary clinic.
Six new Lego brick colours will be released to add colour to the Heartlake City fantasy world.
A dedicated microsite will allow visitors to explore the Heartlake City world online, interact with characters, and download additional themed materials.
Lego spokesman Drew Bazer said the brand would use its "expertise to reinvigorate the girls’ toy category".
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...