Lego launches first girls' range for 10 years
Lego will launch its first range for girls in 10 years on Boxing Day, supported with TV advertising, as it moves to "reinvigorate" its position in the girls' toy category.
Lego: launches Friends range for girls
The toy retailer is heavily investing in its Lego Friends range, which comprises five mini-figure dolls, with a major through-the-line advertising campaign that includes television activity.
Multiple television spots and a mini-movie starring characters from the Lego Friends range will launch in the New Year, to coincide with a second wave of Lego Friends.
Media planning and buying was handled by Carat.
The Lego Friends range is aimed at girls aged between five and eight, and will be accompanied by coloured bricks, animals and accessories.
The toy manufacturer's last range for girls was called Lego Scala and ran from 1997 to 2001.
Lego is also creating a fictional 'Heartlake City’ world to accompany the range, because it believes role play and themes are the key to success in the girls market.
Heartlake City forms the backdrop of the Lego Friends range and will include a variety of sets including a tree house, beauty salon and veterinary clinic.
Six new Lego brick colours will be released to add colour to the Heartlake City fantasy world.
A dedicated microsite will allow visitors to explore the Heartlake City world online, interact with characters, and download additional themed materials.
Lego spokesman Drew Bazer said the brand would use its "expertise to reinvigorate the girls’ toy category".
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1