TalkSport scores commentary rights for Euro 2012
TalkSport, the UTV-owned national sports talk radio station, has signed a seven figure deal to broadcast commentary from the Uefa Euro 2012 football championships in Poland and Ukraine.
TalkSport: secures Euro 2012 rights
As part of the deal TalkSport will broadcast all 31 Uefa Euro 2012 games live on its national AM licence, on digital radio and online at TalkSport.co.uk from the first game on Friday 8 June until the final on Sunday 1 July.
TalkSport has expanded the amount of tournaments it broadcasts commentary from in recent years with an additional game of the Barclay's Premier League every week and exclusive radio rights to the 2011 Rugby World Cup.
TalkSport first broadcast live commentary from the Uefa Euro competition in 2004 but did not acquire rights to the tournament in 2008 after England failed to qualify.
A spokesman for TalkSport declined to comment on the cost of the rights but said the station will announce its commercial partners for the tournament in due course.
Moz Dee, programme director, TalkSport, said: "Major international sport tournaments are a huge draw for our listeners, as we've found with the Fifa World Cup in 2010 and the Rugby World Cup this year.
"With a team that includes Stan Collymore, Andy Gray and Richard Keys I believe we have some of the best sports broadcasters in the business and we’re the perfect place for listeners to follow all of the action next summer."
The BBC also has the right to broadcast commentary from the Uefa Euro 2012.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...