Change4Life launches Supermeals drive amid criticism of brand links
Change4Life, the Government's anti-obesity campaign, has unveiled its traditional New Year marketing campaign, which this year is themed around cooking healthy food on budget.
Change4Life: launches supermeals campaign
The 'Supermeals' campaign will send four million recipe leaflets to families that have already signed up to the Change4Life campaign.
In addition, supermarkets Aldi, Asda and the Co-op will be offering discounts to the recipe ingredients, such as fruit, vegetables and fish.
Chef Ainsley Harriott has also been signed up by Change4Life to create a cookbook promoting healthy dishes that can be created for under £5.
He also features in a series of cooking tutorial films that will be posted on the Change4Life website.
The campaign is being supported by a national press advertising campaign.
But the anti-obesity campaign has come in for criticism in some quarters. Diane Abbott, the shadow public health minister, branded 'Supermeals' a "glorified advertisement for big business".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...