Behind the scenes: Weight Watchers 'play' campaign
Weight Watchers has unveiled behind-the-scenes footage of its £28m ad campaign that launched on Sunday.
The three-minute ad created by Saatchi and Saatchi, which is Weight Watchers' biggest ad campaign to date, features Alesha Dixon singing a pop anthem about weight loss.
The behind-the-scenes footage features Saatchi and Saatchi's creative and art director Rick Dodds, speaking and directing the 180 women featured in the ad singing 'Do it our way' by Alisha Dixon, which plays out for the duration of the ad.
Weight Watchers members from all walks of life take turns to lip-synch the song lyrics which express their own personal stories.
Kate Stanners is the executive creative director on the ad working alongside Dodds and copywriter Steve Howell. The production company was Academy and the ad was directed by Si & Ad and Johnny and Jono.
The TV ad is to launch the brand's new "play" brand proposition, with the strapline "Weight Watchers, the game you play to lose weight".
Following the initial three-minute TV spot, the ad will be followed by a series of 30-second spots throughout January, featuring a run of separate "real life stories" of key members in the pop video.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London