FT lifts cover price for second time in three months
The Financial Times has quietly lifted the cover price of its weekday edition in the UK from £2.20 to £2.50, its second cover price rise within the past three months.
Financial Times: second cover price rise in three months
The Pearson-owned business title is also raising the cover price of its Saturday edition from £2.80 to £3.
The FT introduced the price rise on its weekday issue on Tuesday (January 3).
The weekend edition cover price will increase from Saturday (January 7).
The cover price of the weekday edition of the FT was last increased in October 2011.
The Financial Times justified the cover price rise, citing the "increased quality of its content" and the increased production costs of producing a newspaper.
A spokesperson for the FT said: "This price rise reflects our increased distribution and production cost levels and the investment made in the quality of our content."
The Financial Times web-based app, which launched last year, attracted nearly 200,000 downloads in its first two-and-a-half weeks after launch.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire