Budweiser signs up Sam Allardyce and Ian Holloway for radio ad
Budweiser has signed up football managers Sam Allardyce and Ian Holloway to star in radio ads highlighting its sponsorship of the FA Cup, which reaches its third round this weekend.
The 30- and 60-second radio ads have been created by Anomaly London and feature the West Ham United manager Allardyce and Blackpool manager Holloway giving their own rousing team talks.
They stress the importance of a great atmosphere, team spirit and support of the crowd, before listeners realise the managers are talking about preparations for a good night out after they chant: "Grab some buds".
The ads will run throughout The FA Cup third, fourth and fifth rounds. The FA Cup fifth-round ad will feature another British manager to be confirmed later in the season.
Iain Newell, Western European marketing director at Budweiser, said: "As lead partner of The FA Cup, Budweiser is committed to promoting this iconic tournament like never before.
"What better way to demonstrate this than by recruiting some of the biggest voices in UK football to front this radio campaign? These men perfectly sum up what it means to be part of and lead a team, and the adverts create a real sense of the anticipation of good times."
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...