Apple hires Teresi to head iAd offering
Apple has appointed Adobe executive Todd Teresi to run its mobile advertising offering iAd ahead of a major media announcement, according to reports.
Apple iAd: Todd Teresi is hired to run the mobile advertising offering
Teresi, reported by Bloomberg to have already started at Apple, joined Adobe in May last year as vice-president of its media solutions group. Prior to this, he was chief revenue officer at Quantcast and also worked at Yahoo.
Teresi replaces Andy Miller, who left the company last summer to join venture capital firm Highland Capital. He will report to Apple senior vice-president, internet services, Eddie Cue, who oversees Apple's iTunes and the App Store, according to reports.
The iAd business was launched in 2010 and received mixed reactions from marketers who complained about the tight control Apple maintained, and the lack of data returned.
Apple faces tough competition from Google in the mobile advertising market, and has been forced to cut its iAd prices.
The news comes ahead of an "important" announcement by the company in New York at the end of the month, which is expected to be part of its media business and involving Eddie Cue, according to a report in AllThingsD.
Apple is also set to relaunch its App Store and is looking at fresh editorial products, as well as additional paid-for advertising and product placement options to the store, as revealed by Marketing.
Other major launches expected from Apple this year are the iPad 3 and Apple TV.
Apple did not respond to a request for comment on the appointment.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...