PZ Cussons buys Fudge hair brand in £25.5m deal
PZ Cussons, the consumer products group, has bought haircare brand Fudge from Australian-based Sabre Group for £25.5m.
Fudge: acquired by PZ Cussons
Fudge is a premium haircare brand best known for its Hair Shaper product, which is sold mainly through salons across the UK, Australia and New Zealand.
Fudge will be placed within the newly created beauty arm of PZ Cussons, which also hosts premium skin and haircare brands, St Tropez, Sanctuary and Charles Worthington.
PZ Cussons said approximately 50% of Fudge's sales were made in the UK, with Australia and New Zealand making up the remaining 50%.
Alex Kanellis, chief executive of PZ Cussons, said: "The acquisition of Fudge further strengthens our newly formed beauty division and broadens its category participation.
"The geographic and distribution footprint of Fudge is a perfect fit with the current brand portfolio and we see further opportunity to develop the brand’s international potential.
"Following this acquisition our balance sheet remains strong giving us flexibility for further investment opportunities as they arise."
In November last year, lingerie brand Ultimo announced it was moving into the FMCG market with the launch of a branded beauty range, including products such as face cream and fake tan.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...