Toyota targets youth with personalised rap videos
Toyota is looking to extend its animated campaign for its Yaris model into the social media arena, as it looks to create a "deeper relationship" with younger drivers.
Toyota: creates personalised music videos
The Japanese manufacturer last year launched its 'Outsmart life' campaign for Yaris starring animated rapper Gadget and puppet character Slick, with music-themed clips focusing on technological benefits of the model.
Toyota is now set to expand the campaign with a 'Shout out' Facebook and YouTube promotion in which consumers will be able to have personalised music videos recorded for them.
Users are invited to suggest things that frustrate them in daily life, and from 12 January the best tracks will be performed by Gadget and Slick on Toyota’s Facebook and YouTube. The campaign has been created by Saatchi & Saatchi.
Lisa Fielden, brand and digital marketing manager at Toyota, said: "The 'Gadget Guy' TV creative has made an impact in the conversations of our target audience.
"[The new activity] takes this a step further, giving them a great piece of content that is both fun and sharable."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...