IPC Media appoints Evans as publisher of Marie Claire
IPC Media magazine Marie Claire has appointed Toby Evans as publisher, from his position as associate publisher on woman's weekly title Look.
Toby Evans: Marie Claire's new publisher
He replaces Roger Cummings, who took the role of publishing director for IPC Connect's women's lifestyle portfolio in September, and will report to Justine Southall, publishing director of the title.
Southall said: "Toby has gained a fantastic mix of editorial and business experience through his successful career to date.
"This mix of skills, and his working knowledge of brand building, makes him the perfect person to join Marie Claire as we launch into a year of developments across the brand."
Evans also held the positions of managing editor and production editor on Look and was part of the launch teams of for IPC Media titles Look, Nuts and Closer.
He said: "This is a really exciting time to be joining Marie Claire. I couldn’t be more thrilled to be working with such a talented team on a truly multi-platform brand that is both rich in heritage and constantly innovating."
Evans takes up his new post with immediate effect.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Designer - Suffolk ASG £25,000, Suffolk
- Point of Purchase Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Brand Manager Stopgap £45000 - £55000 per annum, West Midlands
- Brand Leader Purple Consultancy £55000 - £65000 per annum, Geneva