IPC Media appoints Evans as publisher of Marie Claire
IPC Media magazine Marie Claire has appointed Toby Evans as publisher, from his position as associate publisher on woman's weekly title Look.
Toby Evans: Marie Claire's new publisher
He replaces Roger Cummings, who took the role of publishing director for IPC Connect's women's lifestyle portfolio in September, and will report to Justine Southall, publishing director of the title.
Southall said: "Toby has gained a fantastic mix of editorial and business experience through his successful career to date.
"This mix of skills, and his working knowledge of brand building, makes him the perfect person to join Marie Claire as we launch into a year of developments across the brand."
Evans also held the positions of managing editor and production editor on Look and was part of the launch teams of for IPC Media titles Look, Nuts and Closer.
He said: "This is a really exciting time to be joining Marie Claire. I couldn’t be more thrilled to be working with such a talented team on a truly multi-platform brand that is both rich in heritage and constantly innovating."
Evans takes up his new post with immediate effect.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...