Carat's Katie Coteman moves to Discovery
Carat associate director Katie Coteman has joined Discovery Networks UK in the new role of director brand solutions and advertising.
Katie Coteman: joins Discovery Channel from Carat
In her new role Coteman will be responsible for identifying and pursuing commercial partnership opportunities, both selling sponsorships and creating online and brand solutions with agencies and brands.
Coteman will report to Martin Heaton-Cooper, vice president commercial development UK and Ireland, Discovery Networks and work alongside Michael Holt, director, brand solutions, Discovery Networks UK.
Until starting at Discovery this week Coteman was associate director, communications planning at Aegis media agency Carat and was the strategic lead across a number of accounts including Disney, General Motors and Santander.
Coteman joined Carat in 2000, rising from sponsorship executive to sponsorship manager before becoming associate director, communications planning in 2006 and worked on projects such as Cadbury’s Boost’s sponsorship of 'Jackass'.
Coteman started her career at Breakthrough Breast Cancer in 1999 as a corporate development manager and corporate fundraiser.
Heaton-Cooper said: "2011 was a highly successful year for us, creating impactful and award winning brand solutions for our commercial partners, plus a UK media first in digitally placing product into content.
"Katie's significant media and agency experience will be invaluable in helping us continue to grow commercially in the year ahead."
Discovery Networks UK's ad sales account is managed by BSkyB's Sky Media but both Sky Media and Discovery's in-house team handle sponsorship sales.
Coteman said: "Discovery is such a vibrant business with strong brands and great heritage. I am looking forward to building on the success the team has achieved and to pursue new commercial and partnership opportunities for the channel portfolio."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London