Carat's Katie Coteman moves to Discovery
Carat associate director Katie Coteman has joined Discovery Networks UK in the new role of director brand solutions and advertising.
Katie Coteman: joins Discovery Channel from Carat
In her new role Coteman will be responsible for identifying and pursuing commercial partnership opportunities, both selling sponsorships and creating online and brand solutions with agencies and brands.
Coteman will report to Martin Heaton-Cooper, vice president commercial development UK and Ireland, Discovery Networks and work alongside Michael Holt, director, brand solutions, Discovery Networks UK.
Until starting at Discovery this week Coteman was associate director, communications planning at Aegis media agency Carat and was the strategic lead across a number of accounts including Disney, General Motors and Santander.
Coteman joined Carat in 2000, rising from sponsorship executive to sponsorship manager before becoming associate director, communications planning in 2006 and worked on projects such as Cadbury’s Boost’s sponsorship of 'Jackass'.
Coteman started her career at Breakthrough Breast Cancer in 1999 as a corporate development manager and corporate fundraiser.
Heaton-Cooper said: "2011 was a highly successful year for us, creating impactful and award winning brand solutions for our commercial partners, plus a UK media first in digitally placing product into content.
"Katie's significant media and agency experience will be invaluable in helping us continue to grow commercially in the year ahead."
Discovery Networks UK's ad sales account is managed by BSkyB's Sky Media but both Sky Media and Discovery's in-house team handle sponsorship sales.
Coteman said: "Discovery is such a vibrant business with strong brands and great heritage. I am looking forward to building on the success the team has achieved and to pursue new commercial and partnership opportunities for the channel portfolio."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Digital/Ecommerce/Online Marketing Executive Alpari (UK) Ltd Up to £35,000 + bonus & benefits, City of London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...