Joan Collins replaces Mr T as the face of Snickers
Hollywood legend Joan Collins has signed up to front an advertising campaign for Mars-owned Snickers chocolate bar, replacing fellow 1980s icon Mr T.
Snickers: Mr T 'get some nuts' campaign
Collins, the star of 1980s soap 'Dynasty' is thought to have flown into the UK last week to film the ad, which has been created by AMV BBDO.
The ad also features fellow actress Stephanie Beecham and a number of Sunday league footballers.
The humorous ad will focus on Collins as a glamorous older woman with a perfect figure, who still loves chocolate bars.
Mars confirmed that Collins would star in the new Snickers ad, but would not give further details.
Snickers has previously used Mr T to front advertising for the brand, including spots to highlight the drop in saturated fat in the chocolate bar.
It also ran a nationwide road show to publicise Mr T's free BA flight to the UK.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End