Joan Collins replaces Mr T as the face of Snickers
Hollywood legend Joan Collins has signed up to front an advertising campaign for Mars-owned Snickers chocolate bar, replacing fellow 1980s icon Mr T.
Snickers: Mr T 'get some nuts' campaign
Collins, the star of 1980s soap 'Dynasty' is thought to have flown into the UK last week to film the ad, which has been created by AMV BBDO.
The ad also features fellow actress Stephanie Beecham and a number of Sunday league footballers.
The humorous ad will focus on Collins as a glamorous older woman with a perfect figure, who still loves chocolate bars.
Mars confirmed that Collins would star in the new Snickers ad, but would not give further details.
Snickers has previously used Mr T to front advertising for the brand, including spots to highlight the drop in saturated fat in the chocolate bar.
It also ran a nationwide road show to publicise Mr T's free BA flight to the UK.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Exec | Travel | £30k Salt £25000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)